Fall is quickly coming upon us and honestly, I don’t think it can get here fast enough. I’m so ready to decorate my house for the fall and eat and drink all the fall things there’s to be had without feeling like I look silly. I’m also ready to wear my boots dang it! So, I sit here and wait. Wait until Monday, the 23rd. We’re so close!
Anyway, I decided to give myself a little fall fun by making this homemade apple pie vodka by The Cookie Rookie. It will take a few days for the flavors to blend together, but that’s okay. I know it’s going to taste amazing when it’s done. It’s a rather simple recipe. You just soak apples and cinnamon in clear liquor for as many days as you can stand (remember, the longer it sits, the stronger that apple/cinnamon flavor will be) before you add simple syrup and a bit of water to it. Then presto! It’s done.
This apple pie vodka will be the perfect addition to those fall apple drinks. Heck, I’m sure you could even drink it on the rocks if you really wanted to. I just might (shhh….). The original recipe called for four to five apples, but I found that two apples completely filled my jar. That could be because I added the two cups of vodka in the jar before the apples, where as the recipe calls for the apples first, then the vodka, but I wanted to get as much vodka in there as I could. The more in the end, the better, right?
I’ve also included a simple cocktail recipe at the bottom that you can use this apple pie vodka in. Anyway, I hope you make some yourself and I hope you enjoy every last drop of it.
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE VODKA
- 4 to 5 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Approximately 2 cups Vodka or Everclear
- 1-3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar, cooked on the stove until combined fully)
- Fill a 32-ounce mason jar with the sliced apples and cinnamon sticks. Use more or less apple as as needed to fill the jar all the way to the top.
- Pour in the vodka or Everclear. (Use more or less to fill to the brim.)
- Seal the jar and shake lightly to make sure that all of the apples are fully submerged.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 48 hours.
- When ready to continue, pour through a fine mesh strainer to remove the fruit and cinnamon. Return the flavored vodka to the mason jar.
- Pour in the simple syrup and filtered water. Stir to fully combine.
- Seal tightly and store in the fridge until ready for use; up to 2 or 3 weeks.
APPLE PIE SPRITZER
- 2 ounces Apple Pie Vodka
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider or Apple Juice
- Club Soda to top
- Fill a glass to the top with crushed ice.
- Pour in the Apple Pie Vodka, Apple Cider, and then top with Club Soda.